Sleep training sounds like an oxymoron for most adults. Surely there is no need to train somebody to sleep? Well... this is one lesson you learn as a new parent. Babies need to learn how to fall asleep and to sleep. And at times this can be a painful lesson.
We have reached a point where our little one is now big enough to try and develop more mature sleeping patterns. Also, it's time for the little one to appreciate breakfast and not skip it in order to still enjoy a 3am bottle at night.
I am not looking forward to the next few nights. It was hard enough today during the day.
I apologize little one, that I am causing you this stress, but it will be better for all of us.
Love
Mama
1 comment:
You are doing the brave thing. But, the benefits will be great. I hope it is going well, Tia. I know it's hard. With Owen, after that first hard night, he got the idea that we weren't going to come at every cry, and he slept through the night every night after that. Oh, how difficult that was. Charlie and I took turns saying "Do you think we should go in?" But, never at the same time....so we helped each other kept our resolve. Again, I hope you all are getting through this, and getting sleep too. Hugs.
Post a Comment