Friday, 14 November 2008

Status Quo


Well... the little one is 21 weeks today and so much has happened since his arrival, I am not sure where to start.




Maybe go backwards in time with a few milestones?

A few days ago, the little one discovered his feet. It's so cute seeing him play with them, but the soaked socks can surely not be too comfortable.

A while ago he also discovered his voice and he is making the funniest sounds. You know when you pretend you are choking, the sound your voicebox makes when you breath in air? Oooh, he loves doing that.
We are still waiting on the babbling though.


At exactly 17 weeks of age, we gave him his first spoon of baby rice, fully expecting him to spit it out. Ha! He loved it. Since then he is on two meals a day now, carrots for breakfast and rice for dinner. Works well for us and him. Nappies look funny though.





Just after 3 months of age, little one and I have started with swimming lessons. I think he enjoys them, apart from the diving. :-) This picture is from our bathtub:

It took us 10 weeks to convince our health professionals to try him out on a dairy free diet and what a relief. No more crying and a happy baby. I am so grateful we found something to make him better. Long live Nutramigen! But I am so angry that it took 2 and half months of his life to suffer before I was taken serious. Lesson learned.
This is not a recent picture, but I love it very much... he was still ill at this point though.
Oh his poor tummy:


He turned front to back after his first set of vaccinations at exactly 9 weeks of age. I thought it was a fluke, but he's been happily doing it ever since. :-) Clever boy.

Yes, vaccinations have been a battle as well. I wanted him to also have Hep B injections, but they are not standard here, so they don't do them. Ha! You didn't count on me. Surely the medical practice is thinking I am quite a difficult mum.

He started smiling at roughly 6 weeks.. need to check his record book where I wrote it down. It took us quite a while to try and catch it on a photograph.




What a day - his birth. No words can describe it sufficiently. The start of it all really. Suddenly you are parents and you entered a world you had no idea existed.

No comments: